Master aesthetician JoElle Lyons is so well-known for her healing treatments, no-nonsense advice, and eponymous line that even Michelle Obama books appointments weeks in advance.
Your sun-challenged skin can’t wait? Whip up her go-to superfood “dip” to exfoliate, moisturize, and refresh at home. (Don’t use on sore or broken skin. The very sensitive should perform a patch test first.)
Avocado and Lemon Mask
Makes one application
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. avocado oil
Cornstarch as needed
1. Carefully peel the avocado and remove the pit.
2. Puree avocado flesh; stir in lemon juice and avocado oil. (Note: If the mixture is runny, sprinkle with 1/8 tbsp. cornstarch — repeat as needed — to thicken it slightly to a spreadable paste.)
3. Cleanse your skin thoroughly.
4. Spread the mask over your face with your fingertips, avoiding the eye area.
5. Relax (in front of the telly) for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash away with warm water.
Find JoElle Lyons at Nival Salon and Spa, 5481 Wisconsin Avenue, level 2, Chevy Chase (301-951-4445 or nivalsalonspa.com).
Photo: Glow Images / Getty Images