This meeting of your face is called to order.
Word of mouth is Vida Spa’s new Local Artisan Ayurvedic Facial helps skin prep for winter. The all-natural, locally sourced treatment includes a deep herbal cleanse, exfoliation, mask, and the shirodhara (warm sesame oil dripped over the third eye — that’s you, forehead — and massaged into the scalp and hair).
Now, should we offer an at-home solution for those living hand to mouth? Seems the eyes have it.
Vida Spa’s Homemade Herb Cleanser
Ingredients (available at most natural health stores)
1 part dried lavender flowers
1 part dried chamomile
1 part dried rose petals
3 parts oat flour
1. Mix and grind (a coffee grinder works well) the herbs together.
2. Add oat flour and blend thoroughly.
3. Place ½ tsp. of the mixture in a small bowl and mix with enough water to create a paste with a yogurt-like consistency. Warm the mixture in a small pan on medium-low heat for 5 minutes so the herbs more easily absorb the water, creating a creamier cleanser and a softer exfoliation.
4. Massage over the skin, avoiding the eye area.
5. Remove with a warm cloth and follow with moisturizer.
6. Go ahead: Take a brow.
Or leave it to the pros at Vida Spa, 2200 Westlake Avenue, suite 220 (206-264-8432 or vidawellness.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Vida Spa