How do we love the new boutique-slash-gallery-slash-hangout The Common, opening this Thursday in SoMa? Let us count the ways.
1. Clothes call. You’ll find casual basics (printed Jesica Milton shirtdresses, flowy Kanaro tops, a long Lamixx cotton dress), as well as accessories such as Rachel Nasvik handbags and Luv AJ jewelry.
2. Let’s hear it for the boys. For the gents, there are patterned button-downs, ties, and denim from local designers (and co-creators) Taylor Stitch.
3. Special tee. The Common will stock an exclusive, limited-edition, unisex tee from artist Brian Licthenberg for Blood Is the New Black.
4. Caffeine fix. Grab a cup of Four Barrel coffee (artisan nibbles are on the way) and park yourself at the communal table in back to make a few new buddies.
5. Culture club. Next to the shopping space is a cavernous gallery (the first exhibit, in November, will be Peter Ross’s photo collection of William Burroughs’s belongings) and bar outfitted with a stage for bands.
6. Party time. You can rent the entire space for parties of your own.
Our crush just reached epic proportions.
The Common, 1077 Mission Street, between Sixth and Seventh Streets (thecommonsf.tumblr.com).
Photo: Carolina Ramirez / Courtesy of The Common
|Up to 60% off Bensoni|
With a knack for quirky combos, Bensoni weaves together sailor-inspired aesthetics, playful taffeta, and patterns like gingham and polka dot. Take up to 60% off the tailored, feminine pieces today on Swirl.