Dear wearer of granny panties,
Tisk, tisk. Your unmentionables lack (social) grace. Please review our rules of intimates etiquette.
1. Say thank you. Start with Anaïs Bouchard, the French-born, Bushwick-based designer behind Naïs (pronounced “nice”), a new sexy-comfortable lingerie line.
2. Be supportive. Stretch-lace bandeaus with hidden underwire and mesh lining prop you up without pushing boobs to your chin; lightly padded halter bras with triple straps provide a more subtle lift. Both look splendid under sheer shirts.
3. Be charming. Underpinnings inevitably peek out. Flirt your way out of faux pas with contrasting green, red, purple, and pink straps, piping, and lace panels.
4. Smile (or make someone else). A sheer mint green teddy, retro high-rise boy shorts, and Brazilian-cut bikinis show just enough cheek to get ’em going. If you’d rather leave nothing to chance, go for a double G-string.
5. Be neighborly. Buying local is easy when all pieces are made in New York and cost under $100.
The Lingerie League
Available at be-nais.com.
Photo: Miguel Rodriguez / Courtesy of Nais