Grocery shopping is tough. (Is farmers market produce really worth skipping mimosas?) So for the latest round of artisanal markets, we’re providing quick, must-try lists.
Helmed by Daniel Boulud (Daniel, DBGB) with fromage selections from Saxelby Cheesemongers; ideal for uptown soirees
- Humble Pie (cow’s milk cheese from Woodcock Farm)
- Slyboro (exclusive, cider-washed raw goat’s milk cheese from Consider Bardwell Farm)
- House-made jambon de Paris and rillettes de porc (shredded confit pork shoulder)
- Peekytoe crab salad rolls (for Central Park picnics)
- Pain de campagne (country bread, of course)
Épicerie Boulud, 1900 Broadway, at 64th Street (212-595-9606 or danielnyc.com).
Courtesy of Iacopo Falai (Caffe Falai); grab-and-go downtown delights
- House-made wild boar or veal ragu (toss with Mancini pasta to fake-out dinner party guests)
- Amarena Fabbri fruit syrup (ice cream topper)
- Crepe cake
- Bomboloni (donuts filled with berry jam — and Italian charm)
- Cacao and Madeira wine chocolates
Bottega Falai, 267 Lafayette Street, at Prince Street (212-334-3132).
Photo: Janelle Jones
|Need more grocery shopping guidance? We’ve picked up some tips from a pro. |