A Really Great Birthday Party
Serves kids ages 5 and up
2-3 professional chefs
Up to 30 minicelebrants
30 paper chef hats
1. Assemble ingredients at Chef Aliza’s facility.
2. Blend chef with children and set aside (read: parents leave).
3. Top little heads with paper chef hats and cover bodies with aprons.
4. Gather around the communal counter to make two savory dishes (choose from pizzas, cornflake-crusted chicken nuggets, bunny-shaped empanadas) and one sweet treat (hand-sculpted sugar cookies, shortcake kebabs).
5. Decorate premade cake and cupcakes.
6. Garnish each guest with a customized recipe book and favors like miniature rolling pins, cookie cutters, and brownie kits.
Birthday is served.
Chef Aliza’s, 8441 Southwest 132nd Street (305-234-9002 or chefaliza.com).
The 24th Annual International Coastal Cleanup
What: Do your part by removing litter from roadsides, beaches, lakes, and rivers.
Why: Go coastal about pollution.
When: Sat., 9 a.m.-noon; arrive, 8:30 a.m.
Where: Throughout Miami.
On a Haircut
What: Free child’s cut when mom gets a shampoo, condition, cut, and blow-dry.
Why: Cutting costs.
When: Daily thru Sept.
Where: Trini in Private, 941 Brickell Ave. (786-220-7796).