Mom would rather die than admit to making cake from a box. Thanks to a few secret ingredients, this foolproof recipe is a last-minute savior that will make all your guests think you spent the whole day baking.
Chocolate Bundt Cake
1 box dark chocolate cake mix
1 box instant chocolate pudding
1 c. sour cream
½ c. warm water mixed with 1 tsp. instant espresso
½ c. corn oil
½ tsp. vanilla
12 oz. chocolate chips
1 c. toasted nut pieces (optional)
Flour or cocoa powder
Powdered sugar (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Butter and dust a Bundt pan with flour (or cocoa powder).
3. Combine all other ingredients except chocolate chips and nuts. Mix on low until well-moistened (about 30 seconds).
4. Beat on medium speed for three minutes.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts.
6. Spoon into prepared pan. Bake 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven. Let the cake cool about ten minutes; turn it over on a wire rack to finish cooling. Before serving, dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate glaze.
Chocolate Glaze (optional)
½ c. chocolate chips
½ stick unsalted butter
1½ tbsp. light corn syrup
1. Melt all ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat.
2. Place a sheet of wax paper or foil beneath the wire rack where the cake has cooled.
3. Slowly spoon warm glaze over cake using a tablespoon.
Photo: Linda Brooks