Self-proclaimed foodie and magazine junkie Chloé Harris is the San Fran-based managing editor of stylebistro.com, where you’ll find all the fashion news that’s fit to blog. Would you buy the entire Lanvin collection if money were no object? She would, too. While we’re thinking aspirationally, peep her Fashion Week necessities.
1. Two suitcases: One hanging bag for clothes; one large case just for accessories and shoes (twelve pairs last season). “I tend to pack just a few versatile clothing pieces (mostly black) and lots of statement extras.”
2. “My vintage leopard-print pony beret is a loaner from my mom, who scored it at the Alameda Flea Market near San Francisco. It’s so retro, it feels just right.”
3. “A pair of Barbara Bui silver cuff bracelets that I wear together for a Wonder Woman effect.”
4. “Ridiculously tall Alaïa platform cutout booties are six inches of fabulous.”
5. Judith Leiber’s art deco-style belts are ornate but also really versatile — “I wear them with everything from jeans to drapey Lanvin dresses.”
6. “Prada rubber-soled riding boots are a chic compromise for when my feet and ankles mutiny against me.”
7. A L’Wren Scott high-waisted, black leather pencil skirt. “It’s sexy, high fashion, and I wish I could wear it every day.”
8. “My impulse buy of the year was an extravagantly large leather Prada tote, with zipper compartments big enough to hold my laptop. Now I carry it every day. Totally justified.”
9. Rick Owens’s funnel-neck jersey coat = a designer sleeping bag. Enough said.