Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen’s Crabmeat and White Truffle Deviled Eggs
Make four dozen
24 lg. eggs, boiled, peeled, and cut in half lengthwise
½ c. white vinegar
1 lb. claw crabmeat, cleaned (save 4 oz. for garnish)
1½ c. sour cream
½ lb. butter
2 oz. Dijon mustard
2 tbsp. Creole seasoning
2 lemons, juiced and zested
1 tbsp. white truffle oil
6 tbsp. chives, snipped
1. Place eggs in a pot, cover with water and add vinegar. Bring to a boil and cook 8-10 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and run cold water over the eggs until they are cold all the way though.
3. Peel and cut in half. Remove yolks and set aside.
4. In a food processor, mix crabmeat, yolks, sour cream, butter, mustard, Creole seasoning, lemon juice, zest, and truffle oil until smooth.
5. Fold in 4 tbsp. chives.
6. Using a pastry bag and star tip, pipe the mix back into the egg halves.
7. Garnish with saved lump crab and leftover chives.
Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen, 6130 Luther Lane (214-890-1103 or kentrathbun.com).
Photo: Courtesy of Rathbun’s Blue Plate Kitchen