Last year, a slew of Freudian slips crashed your Halloween party.
What happened to the simple costumes of All Hallow’s past?
Well, we ain’t afraid of no ghost. And neither is lifestyle aficionado Jessica Murnane, who shared her freakishly creative guide to kicking it old school this Halloween.
1. Buy a queen-size flat sheet (see guide below).
2. Find a trusty friend to help.
3. Turn sheet inside out.
4. Center sheet on your head (make sure length in front and back is equal).
5. Dust off souvenir shot glass you never thought you’d use. Trace glass for both eyes and mouth.
6. Take off sheet and cut out holes. Turn right side out.
Have your monogram stitched on a crisp, classic white sheet.
Hipsters are too cool to dress up. A white V-neck should do the trick. (Don’t forget the attitude.)
Look boo-tiful and bold with geometric shapes and color blocks by Jonathan Adler.
Tombstone(r) Ghost (a.k.a. Deadhead Ghost)
Channel your hippie spirit with tie-dye.
VIP of the RIP Ghost
The gaudiest ghost at the gala with a thread count so high it’s scary.
Humani-terrifying Ghost (a.k.a Pretty in Pink Ghost)
Support Breast Cancer Awareness month and think pink with your sheet.
Face it: It’s cold in the Chi. Sometimes a sheet isn’t enough. Stay warm and cozy with a quilt instead.
Happy Halloween, boo.