The Ultimate Dinner Party
Serves up to 24
A hankering for Moroccan, Indian, Cambodian, Vietnamese, and French-inspired cuisine
Reservations at Copperbox
One Harvard grad sketch artist
One budding local DJ
1. Guide guests to Copperbox, a signless, windowless underground private dining club in Wynwood, where they’ll feel the need to tap a secret code at the door to gain admittance.
2. Rest assured. Entry to the one-table restaurant, aglow with candlelight and simple photographic decor, is guaranteed.
3. Savor chef Gabriela Machado’s 100-plus hors d’oeuvre options and six to eight courses, including foie gras crème brulee (pictured), hamachi tataki microgreens, and bison tenderloin.
4. Befriend Gilberto, the butler, to guarantee your glass of hostess-chosen libation is always half full.
5. Saunter up to DJ Mandy’s booth for a special request.
6. Inquire about his genre-jumping mixes for Mynt Lounge, Rokbar, and the skyboxes at Miami Heat games.
7. Between courses, sit a spell with up-and-coming sketch artist Erin Una Chainani.
8. Instagram a pic of you next to your colorful, hand-drawn party favor.
9. Save room for chocolate marquesa and an after-dinner digestif.
10. Let simmer for up to three hours.
11. Enjoy — cleanup is on the house.
Copperbox, 3328 North Miami Avenue (305-392-0983 or copperbox.com), starting at $125 per person. DJ Mandy, online at soundcloud.com/man_dee or via email at email@example.com, starting at $400 per evening. Sketch artist Erin Una Chainani, online at erinuna.com, $150 per hour.
Photo: Marco Graziano / Courtesy of Copperbox