You love escargot, so it’s no surprise your mini-me pops snails straight from the garden.
For tamer palates, famed Dallas chef Kent Rathbun shares a slime-free recipe that should make little mouths very, very happy.
Dirt Pizza with Snails and Stringy Cheese Worms
Makes one pie
1 8-oz. pizza dough
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 c. tomato sauce
1 c. ground beef or Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
4 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
½ c. cooked shell pasta, cooled and drained
2 oz. string cheese
1/8 c. scallion wings, very thin julienne
1. Roll pizza crust into a 9-inch circle; let rest.
2. Brush pizza dough with olive oil.
3. Spread tomato sauce evenly over the pizza crust, stopping ½-inch from the edge.
4. Sprinkle ground beef or sausage evenly over the sauce.
5. Sprinkle cheddar cheese evenly over the pizza.
6. Place shell pasta around the pizza open side down (to resemble snails).
7. Brush shells and edges of dough with the remaining olive oil.
8. Place string cheese across the top to resemble crawling worms.
9. Bake at 500º until crust and cheese are golden brown.
10. Remove and garnish with scallion wings.
Find more of Kent Rathbun’s creative recipes online at kentrathbun.com.
Jon Hart Design Trunk Show
What: Free monogramming on Jon Hart Design luggage and accessory purchases.
Why: Stock up. Get 20 percent off all store merch with your Partners Card.
When: Wed.-Fri., 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; Sat., 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m.; Sun., noon-5 p.m.
Where: Kid Biz, 8408 Preston Center Plz. (214-692-5437).
What: Moms use tots (up to 2 years old) as weights in this interactive class.
Why: Flex time.
When: Fri., 10:30-11:30 a.m.
Where: Bookmarks, NorthPark Center, 8687 N. Central Expwy. (214-671-1381).
Photo: woodleywonderworks / Flickr