Former Voyeur partner Matt Bendik is at it again. Together with fellow nightlife impresario Tosh Berman, he dreamed up AV Nightclub, Hollywood’s newest untz-untz megaden of iniquity. Although its doors don’t officially open until next Monday, we nabbed a look at the joint last night.
Here’s what we witnessed before blacking out in the bathroom:
- Hopefuls trying to schmooze their way past an ironclad door.
- Inside, a blue-lit scene of debaucherous luxury. Cast your gaze upwards to find an enormous crystal chandelier dangling precariously.
- Scantily dressed ballerinas and French maids writhing seductively on raised platforms.
- Revelers lounging lazily on quilted brown leather couches and sipping cocktails poured by babes in bustiers and tutus.
- Strategically placed stripper poles.
- A back courtyard with twinkling fairy lights and white leather couches.
- Framed videos of famous renaissance paintings that move slowly.
In the words of Stefon, this club dares to answer the question “Huhhh?”
AV Nightclub, 1601 North Cahuenga Boulevard, between Hollywood Boulevard and Selma Avenue, Hollywood (323-466-1400 or avnightclub.com).