Guys love pancakes. And beer. And mixing stuff together. Therefore, guys love beer pancakes.
Especially when they’re Vincent chef de cuisine Chrissy Camba’s Heineken flapjacks (the Dutch brew pairs well with her cuisine). She swears they taste like beer. Try them yourself to believe it.
Makes eight to ten
3 c. all-purpose flour
2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ c. light brown sugar, packed
¼ c. granulated sugar
1 tsp. salt
¼ c. oats, toasted (toast on a baking sheet at 350° for 10 minutes or saute in a pan until golden)
¼ c. vegetable oil
1 tbsp. molasses
1 12-oz. bottle Heineken or whatever you have on hand (Camba recommends using 11 oz. and saving a swig for yourself.)
2 egg whites
1. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
2. Add wet ingredients save for the egg whites. Mix until incorporated.
3. In a separate bowl, whip egg whites to stiff peaks. Fold into batter.
4. Melt a pat of butter in a hot pan. Pour batter into pan and swirl until bottom is covered (eyeball it depending on your skillet size).
5. When bubbles form, flip the pancake. When browned evenly on each side, pancake is ready.
6. Eat (drink?) with a man for whom you’d do anything.
Photo: rgordon / Flickr
|On the hunt for the perfect Father’s Day present? We’ve found twenty rad gifts for Dad.|