Ready to pop some bottles? Good. Hair guru Bernard Dugaud’s DIY Flashdance New Year’s Eve updo was meant for bubbly and a night on the town.
1. Gently brush hair to the top front of your head.
2. Fasten a ponytail holder around hair.
3. Take a strand of hair and wrap around holder. (The idea is to hide it.)
4. Roll hair under and pin into a secure loop. (If you’re feeling lazy, don’t pull hair all the way through the last rubber band loop.)
5. Gently stretch the sides of the bun toward the ears, making a semicircular shape. Secure with pins and hair spray.
6. Add jazzy accessories to complement volume at the crown of the head.
Get down, boogie oogie oogie.
Or leave it to the experts at Bernard Dugaud Atelier de Beauté, 3090 Roswell Road, Buckhead (404-262-9656 or bernarddugaud.com).